Personal information protection policy
The Content Overseas Distribution Association (hereinafter referred to as “the Association”) promotes the protection of personal information, etc., by the following initiatives: establishing the personal information protection policy as stated below; establishing a system to protect personal information, personal numbers, specific personal information, and other information related to individuals (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Personal Information, etc.”); ensuring that all employees are aware of the importance of protecting Personal Information, etc. and initiatives therefor.
1. Management of Personal Information, etc.
To keep Personal Information, etc. accurate and up-to-date and to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, falsification, leakage, etc. of Personal Information, etc., the Association will take necessary measures such as maintenance of security systems, development of management systems, and thorough employee training, and will implement safety measures to strictly manage Personal Information, etc.
2. Purpose of use of Personal Information, etc.
The Association will appropriately acquire Personal Information, etc., and use it for the following purposes.
Purpose of use of Personal Information, etc.
- (1) Liaison affairs, such as notices to members of the Association (including supporting members and organizational members)
- (2) Various surveys to promote the distribution of Japanese content outside of Japan (including the elimination of infringing materials that impede the distribution of legitimate content) and analyses based on such surveys
- (3) Investigation of copyright infringement and infringement of neighboring rights, etc., in Japan and abroad, and support for the right exercise of the members of the Association, etc.
- (4) Sending of publications such as bulletins, etc.
- (5) Holding and announcing lecture sessions, etc.
Purpose of use of personal numbers and specific personal information
Except provided by laws and regulations, the Association will notify the individual of the purpose of use and will use the personal numbers and specific personal information only within the scope of the purpose of use and within the scope prescribed by laws and regulations.
Purpose of use of Google Analytics
3. Prohibition of disclosure or provision of Personal Information, etc., to third parties
The Association will not provide personal information to third parties without the individual’s prior consent, except provided by laws and regulations. In addition, the Association will not provide personal numbers and specific personal information to third parties, except provided by laws and regulations.
4. Disclosure, etc., of retained personal data and filing of complaints
If you wish to request disclosure, etc. (notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion, suspension of use, etc.) of personal data held by the Association based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or to file a complaint, please get in touch with us at the contact information in Section 6 below. We will respond after confirming your identity.
5. Compliance with laws, regulations and rules, and review of this policy
The Association will comply with Japanese laws and regulations, and other rules applicable to Personal Information, etc., held by the Association. At the same time, it will review and endeavor to improve the content of this Personal information protection policy as appropriate.
6. Contact information
For inquiries regarding handling Personal Information, etc., by the Association, please get in touch with us at the contact information below.
Content Overseas Distribution Association（CODA）
No. 29 Kowa Building Annex 2F 2-11-24 Tsukiji, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0045, Japan